Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Filming Blog

As I filmed today, I had several roles and responsibilities in the process. The first thing I had to do was bring in my props and costume. The props I brought were a Nike water bottle and a football. As for my costume that I changed into, I wore my Nike running shoes and my Nike “just do it” athletic leggings. This completed my full costume for the commercial, heading out to the track to begin filming. As the main director, I had to plan out which bleachers I would run up on, which wide shot of the bleachers would be filmed and general placement of actors for each scene. I made sure to explain the scenes to each group member so it was clear what I wanted filmed exactly, such as the pan shot of the water bottle being thrown and the exact way the bottle should be held when I film the extreme close-up.  I also went through each scene on the camera to see if any re-takes should be shot before continuing on to the next scene. I took into account the lighting so the actors faces were visible and no weird castings were placed on them as well.  My scene was taken at least three times to get the tracking shot to align with my upward movements. I did the majority of filming, with the exclusion of filming myself.

 For the set up, I had the tripod assembled with some help, and took a wide shot of the front of the bleachers. I re-shot this scene twice to get the angles right due to some difficulties in adjusting the camera. I also made sure the actors were wearing the right attire/costume. I placed one actor in a Nike sports tank top with a pair of Nike slide on shoes. I took the responsibility of making sure each scene was smooth and some what uniform in layout. I kept reviewing the shots I took to delete any shaky scenes that didn’t flow. I had to make sure the shots that were taken didn’t have any abstract objects around like miscellaneous items or other individuals not apart of scenes.  While filming the P.O.V shot, I had to stand atop one of the bleacher steps to get a better angle that appeared more of the person as the shot implies. For the over the shoulder shot, I made a good enough distance that would not get me in the footballs way. As I filmed the two shot, I had to place the actors in a closer proximity to shoot the scene of a smooth transition of the football being thrown and received.  By doing so, I can visually see the flow of movements made without being too different from the two other scenes.

When filming was wrapped up, I made sure to put away the tripod with some help as well as the camera. I was responsible for carrying back all props used in the film. Once I was out of costume and back to class to begin dumping, I removed the SD card and placed it into the SD card reader. I signed out the SD card reader as well as responsible for signing out all equipment used during filming. I also made sure to sign out my filming ID pass so that are materials were returned properly. I set up the folder to place all shots taken that would then be transferred into Pinnacle Studios. I helped in importing the file into Pinnacle studios so that all scenes were on the app and accessible to be edited. I made sure the Pinnacle studios was set on “New movie” to clear any existing content that was already placed on there. When the importing was completed I made sure to safely remove the SD card. I had to make sure the SD card was correctly signed off and returned accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment