Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Editing the Commercial

Due to some difficulties today in class, the editing was not possible. My teacher told the class that the computer are not functioning properly. Pinnacle studios was failing and shutting down on many computers, therefore editing was impossible. I had already began some editing, but this stress is adding to my frustration. Editing takes a lot of time and especially patience. None of group members are able to access pinnacle studios. Thankfully, some of my editing was still saved. To take extra precautions, I had to download all my shots onto my USB. Hopefully, the computers will be back up and running fairly soon. I will be able to really start my editing once the class receives new laptops.

When i tried getting into Pinnacle studios, it was extremely lagging. At some points, I had to make sure to keep re-saving my movie. If I hadn't done this then I could have lost a majority of my film. When I was able to download my shots onto my USB, it appeared that a lot of footage was missing. I had to log back into my laptop to recover the footage. Editing itself takes at least an hour, if not more and all students are very frustrated. I have yet to figure out which music to add in as well as cutting out some audio. I might need to re-shoot some more film if not all footage was recovered properly. The dumping and importing went decently but the computer still lagged. While importing and saving the movie, Pinnacle shut down.

After realizing all these concerns were shared with the class, the teacher was informed. Most of the computers will be switched out. By then, Pinnacle studios should be updated and working smoothly. This overall has put a halt on editing and hopefully time can be regained from this incident. Other classmates have yet to begin dumping and importing. The process to re-download my footage is taking some time, and I have to review the footage clips. Some of the audio came out too choppy as Pinnacle studios seemed to lag my footage. Logging into the computers became an issue as it took too long to get in. This is a real obstacle in my filming/editing process and taking precious time from productivity. By the coming days, everything should be back to normal and I can presume my regular schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment