Friday, February 21, 2020

Editing Film Blog: Beginning of Editing

I started the editing process on the film. Only some scenes were edited because not all footage was shot. Before editing, I dumped all footage into the media studies folder on my desktop. I used the SD card reader to upload the footage onto the laptop. Then I imported the footage into Pinnacle Studios and waited for all footage to download. Once that was completed, I reviewed each clip separately. Some clips were deleted as they served no purpose for the film. These scenes were extras and mistakes. A couple scenes were shot several times as well. During editing, I set up certain scenes, such as the beginning scenes. However, since not all scenes were filmed, the scenes did not correlate. This means that there are some gaps between each scene. Another thing done while editing was cropping a certain scene. During one of the scenes, there was an indent of the directors finger so I had to go into effect editor and crop it out. To do so, I resized the scene after cropping the bottom half. Once this was completed, the scene was better. The scene was also stretched vertically so no weird black line was shown on the bottom. Some scenes had to have the sound cut out as music will be placed on top of it. The editing will continue for another couple days after filming resumes in the next following days. Overall, editing is not yet completed and more scenes will be filmed and edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment