Monday, November 4, 2019

Editing the Commercial: Part II

Today while editing, I imported more footage into my media studies folder. I had to upload more clips from my USB to the folder first. When the clips finally uploaded onto Pinnacle studios, I started by clearing the previous movie. I set up the clips in order, starting with the wide shot and tilt of the bleachers. The following shot was of me running up the bleachers. For this part, I had to speed up the clip so it didn’t look as if it was lagging. For this specific scene, I had a voiceover done with one of my group members. This part was a little confusing as I had to detach the audio and then delete that sound. Then, I placed the voiceover clip on that scene on the Track 3 slide, but removed the visual. The speed was increased from 100% to 160% so that the scene didn’t start off with me waiting for the camera to roll.

Next, my group and I had to research some more sounds to put into the commercial. I converted a few songs to mp3, but the downloading kept failing. I was finally able to find a few sites that allowed me to download the music. I looked for more upbeat song tempos that translated well with the scenes. Some lighting adjustments had to be made for certain scenes and audio adjustments. All scenes had the audio removed so that the music can overlay smoothly. Too much diegetic sounds were in the background that didn’t go well with the overall commercial. I was able to review certain clips to figure out which ones were best suited, as I took many shots. A lot of the shots were not made into the final product because the camera angles did not look the best and the camera was too shaky. At first, the overview of the wide shot was made on the tripod but the tripod was too slanted. So instead, a tilt shot was taken of the bleachers which looked more smooth.

One of the last things I did was check the entire commercial in full. Some scenes still need to be edited with the lightning. Even more so, I need to add a Nike title in the beginning shot. I aim to have titles either just in the beginning or through out so the scenes correlate with what’s being said on text. More time may be needed to make the commercial longer which I can do by adding in more shots that I’ve taken. I was able to incorporate more close-ups and zoom-ins into my shots, such as the Nike shoes and Nike water bottle. The POV shot and the over the shoulder were also changed in speed, to be a little slower for depth. More editing needs to be done so I can cut out some parts of each scene. More lighting fixes need to be made and the right song still needs to be picked out. By then, the editing should be completed and ready to be exported.  Overall, editing went smoothly along with the dumping and importing of my files into Pinnacle studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment