Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Progress Blog

I realized a lot during the whole filming process. During both the commercial and music video, many shots need to be taken to ensure everything is right. This includes the lighting, the audio, the angles and the overall movements/flow. When I started, I had no clue how I was going to do or how I could compete to make the best videos. As production began for the music video, I was beginning to feel my creativity sprout. I had many ideas on where to film and how to film it. The locations were finally confirmed, first the park and then a transition to the beach. What was interesting about these two locations is the jump cut that would happen from the park to the beach. The actors, myself and two other girls, would jump from the park and then land on the beach as a scene. This really allowed me to be more creative and outside the box on my filming.

The filming on Friday taught me a lot. If the lighting isn't right, make it right. We had to re-shoot several times until we could get the right shot. Extra people in the back kept disrupting the video as well which took more shots. Even more so, I had to call the park to confirm the location and to make sure it was okay to record. Making props was also very interesting and fun to do. I realized how much more work really goes into filming and editing as well. Even just editing a minute film can take hours. It's intensive work and concentration as well as dedication into making the videos. A lot of the editing needs to be redone to ensure that the clips aren't choppy or lagging.

When actually filming, the costumes and acting are both very crucial. I had to bring a whole new wardrobe to change into. I had to make sure the rest of the actors had their proper outfits on. Even with the props, when I found out we were missing a prop for a scene, we had to make-shift a new prop of flowers. By doing so, I realized how difficult and tedious it can be whilst actually filming. The camera angles needed to be re-done and shadows kept ruining some scenes as well. Planning and scheduling was very crucial throughout the filming process so the group knew when and what was being filmed for the day or if we were going to just edit. I truly grew and learned so much more about filming and editing through this. Each new shot needs to coordinate with the last shot which can be tricky if not aligned right. Now, I plan to progress even more with filming and editing so I can continue to get better. This music video will help as well to get me to understand fully how to edit and film so I can do even better for the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment