Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Editing Blog: Adding soundtrack

I had to find the right music to along with this film. Some editing was done both at home and school. First, I had to do some research for which music sounded more like a horror. Both elements of horror and suspense was added into the film through the music. To ensure I captured the right sound, I asked others what they thought of the music choice. I displayed a variety of songs for them to listen to. I went through about 4 songs in total. Out of the 4 songs, I picked 2 to use for the sound track. The song/music I used were completely free and royalty free as well. None of the sounds were copyrighted. I downloaded the songs and converted them to mp3. Once this was completed, I transferred the music into my film. I started the first soundtrack at the very beginning of the film. Then I learned to taper down the chorus in the film. I didn’t want the sound to abruptly end out of nowhere. So what I did in editing was to drag the music out and slowly cut it of towards the end. The music ended as soon as the dialogue began between two of the actors. Then, a different soundtrack began for different scenes. The music in this case was more suspenseful. It added to the theme of horror for the film overall, but the music is still subject to change. 







No comments:

Post a Comment