Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Filming Blog: Checking Scenes

Before I could engage in filming more, I had to dissect all the scenes. Some scenes did not go well so more filming was to be done. This includes both fixing scenes and adding scenes. However, when the new scenes were added which were not in the storyboard they were used for a specific reason. I didn’t know if the film was going to have enough time/ correct length. What I did was stage in some extra scenes, which were not used in the film. This included a lengthier running scene of me, trying to run away from the killer. The other scene that was shot is of just the killer, walking in the direction of me running away, the victim. What I used to ensure good lighting for this was the flashlight of the cell phone. By doing this, it created a great contrast of the killer from the pitch black background. Although this scene was great, mysterious and horror, it took up too much time. If I had included this scene then I would have had to delete others, which would of not made sense for the film. Even more so, the main reason was that is was just going to add too much time, making the film way over the limited length. Upon checking the scenes, I had to do better in the screams and horror-like faces I made. At times I was laughing so I did re-do some scenes. Although not everything was perfect as I continued to smile in some of the scenes. The lighting was my main concern because the rest of the film was filmed in the night time. The phone flash lights however really aided in this product overall. Some scenes will still be looked over though. Any adjustments will be covered in editing.



No comments:

Post a Comment